Our Film Scanning Services
Roar Digital provides film scanning services for original film media, 16mm, Super 16mm and 35mm including original negative, interpos or release prints.
Our Film Scanning Equipment
We use the Blackmagic Cintel Ultra HD film scanner - a versatile and practical machine for all applications that can create SD, HD, 2K and 4K files, replacing the need for expensive and older telecine machine transfer. All file types are catered for – Prores, DPX, MOV, MP4. We use the Black Magic Cintel Film scanner, the world’s first real time 4K scanner.
Unlock the potential of untapped film sitting in vaults and storage in dark rooms and bring back to life 16mm and 35mm films. Distribute your cherished family histories, corporate archives, forgotten short or long travel films or even the rarest of never seen feature films. There is an insatiable demand for repackaged media – you might be sitting on that long forgotten masterpiece?
Our Film Scanning Workflow
Roar Digital are experts in the process of restoring long lost films and we also look after your new film as well.
We could get a bit more technical if you want but its more about how we handle your job and the years of experience we provide in caring for your film and file output.
The Process… It’s simple
- We ask you what you need and advise you if you don't know
- We assess the film for its condition – will it play on our machine?
- We will provide a quote
- Basic clean or more detailed scratch and dirt removal is available
- If its film negative – what are the condition of the splices? – do they need replacing?
- The film scan – file type choices, speed of the film, what is it going to be used for?
- We do the scan, process the files and return all to you, via USB, hard drive or online delivery
Contact us for next steps and how we can help you scan your film.